Brian Fanzo is A Technology, Gadget Geek Turned Digital Marketer Here You'll Find All His Live Streaming Video Gear, Podcast Equipment and Home Studio Setup
My focus for Gear & Equipment is:
K.I.S.S. = Gear that’s simple to use & does what I need it to do
Smaller the better if it’s for mobile gear
Durable to be kicked under seat and stuffed in carry-on
Most gear is between “Wanna Be Pro” and Professional
Brian's favorite gear for his home office studio All links are AFFILIATE links
Podcasting setup Entry level to intermediate to professional
All The Equipment You Need For Podcasting:
Audio: It’s all in the ear of the listener!
With podcasting you’d think you get what you pay for but the difference in sound quality is minimal when comparing the three levels of microphones Brian has used over the last 4 years.
My Video Podcast Mic:
Pro Podcast Mic:
Podcast Hosting: Libsyn
Software Recording: Skype Recorder & ECAMM Video Recording
MUST HAVE IN YOUR HOME OFFICE
This desk is my favorite piece of equipment in my home office as its programmable, sturdy, large enough for two monitors and looks great!
Live Streaming Video Gear All the gear I Brian Fanzo use to live stream and podcast. Links are Affiliate links!
Smartphone Microphones iPhone & Android Microphones
Tripods, Lens and Mounts DSLR Cameras & Smartphones
Home Office Setup For Live Video Podcasting
Lights, Web Camera, Live Streaming Software Action
Basic Green/white/black screen with Lighting Tripods:
Diva Ring Light Tripod
White Board Sticky Paper – I’m addicted to using this
Pro HD Webcam
Pro Level Microphone for live video recording in my home studio
Standing Desk – Programmable to different heights and motorized:
MY FAVORITE SOFTWARE & TOOLS PODCAST HOSTING, EDITING, WORDPRESS AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Entrepreneur Software and Social Media Tools:
Thinkific: Best Online Course Software I’ve Ever used
Grammarly – My spelling sucks it saves me when I have to edit something without time for others to view!
Buffer: Scheduling Social Media Posts
Buzzsumo: Social Listening & Competitive Intelligence
Tweetdeck: Engaging and listening on multiple Twitter accounts
Live Streaming Software for Facebook Live & Periscope Not Using Phone
Wirecast – Pro level, Pricey, Tons of Features but I use it for all live streaming I do from home.
Switcher Studio – iPad Pro managed, easy to use with subscription based pricing – what I use when multicasting on the road.
OBS – Open source, many of the wirecast features but more steps and bugs to deal with
Additional Resources, Equipment And Gear Gear is seperated in kits but are the same links as above
To leverage new live streaming apps Periscope, FireTalk, Facebook Live YouTube and more, gear isn’t a requirement and as you can read here. All you really need is an iPhone and iPhone headset is all you need to leverage the live streaming apps available today. When working with brands I try hard to not only leverage the technology but to go above and beyond to provide quality audio and video but don’t get confused my goal isn’t perfection or to compete with a professional video production rather it’s to keep the mobile aspect while increasing the quality and experience for my live viewers.
You can watch a video I recorded on periscope going over this gear as I was packing up for a recent brand sponsored live stream event here. I’m always open to testing out new gear and I don’t believe I have the perfect setup yet, but I’m starting to test and tweak more which makes me a happy geek. Want me to test out your gear? Send me an email to Brian@iSocialFanz.com
Full disclosure: I’m an Apple Fanboy (“i” in iSocialFanz is for Apple) but also love the features and benefits of Android devices. For me you don’t have to hate one product to prove you love another. Therefore you’ll see below a couple options as I’ve found different use cases for different types of tripods or lenses depending on the project.
You can also checkout more of my #ThinkLikeAFan Live Streaming Work here.
- Gear backpack I use as my carry on but it’s too big for an event backpack
- Travel case (I go thru these pretty quick thankfully under 30 bucks)
- BUBM Double Layer Travel Gear Organizer / Electronics Accessories Bag (Medium, Dark Blue) – just ordered this based on multiple reviews from friends
- Logitech Wireless Presenter R800 with Laser Pointer Green
- HDMI Adapter
- AmazonBasics Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt) to HDMI Adapter(Macbook to HDMI projector)
- Long Ethernet Cord
- 12 Feet / 3.5 Meter – Snagless UTP CAT 6 LAN Network Cord for Internet Connections – Black, Blue, Ethernet Cable, RJ45 Connectors(Unique color so others won’t steal it and long enough)
- Short apple charging cable
- Anker PowerLine 1ft Apple MFi Certified Short Lightning to USB Cable (Stand with limited space still charge iPhone or if battery pack in pocket your cable doesn’t look like a millennial chain wallet.
- 3 in 1 Apple Display port dongle
- International Travel Charger with surge protected USB ports
- Swivel power surge protector USB
- HDMI Adapter
- Portable Speaker
- Anker SoundCore Bluetooth Speaker with 24-Hour Playtime, 66-Foot Bluetooth Range & Built-in Mic – back up for those with audio in presentation
- Thumb drive (Windows/Mac compatible)
- Batteries: AAA, AA and for some reason 12V
- Portable Phone Battery
Software Speakers Must Have
- Powerpoint & Keynote on Mac
- Duet Display software
- Turn iPad into 2nd display – used twice as my own confidence monitor https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/duet-display/id935754064?mt=8
- My spelling sucks it saves me when I have to edit something without time for others to view)
- Caffeine for Mac
- 1 click button in menu bar to stop your laptop from going to sleep and can be setup with a schedule https://caffeine.en.softonic.com/mac
- Memory Clean
Hit this while keynote is loaded to scrub any programs running in the background that might use memory resources: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memory-clean-2-monitor-and-free-up-memory/id1114591412?mt=12
- Lav Mic – Selfie style video or live streaming
- Wireless Lav Mic (I’ve had issues with interference while on stage)
- Directional Boom Mic
- Microphone for interviewing others plugs into phone
- Table Tripod – I own 5 of them fit in my book bag and super durable
- Arkon iPhone Tripod Mount for Smartphones
- Wide Angle Lens Kit
- Steady and portable: GRIPT Secure Smartphone Rig – Universal Tripod Adapter, Phone Hand Grip and Smartphone Accessory Mount – Red
- Allows mounting of Rode Boom Mic & Light iOgrapher Filmmaking Case for iPhone 6/6S
- Mini Gimbal Stabilizer – When not using a mic keeps hand off phone mic and video steady
- Portable Light USB powered (Screws into Mount)
- Podcast Travel Gear
- Travel Mixer with two inputs
- Travel Mic (USB no mixer needed)
Amazon Links with Pictures
Kit: iSocialFanz - Easy Buy Gear Kits Talk about the things worth getting. What's in your #kit?
My Favorite Digital Marketing Books