Riches are in the niches!
For everyone with a niche this was always music to their ears but for those that grew up like me and were passionate about multiple things and could never answer the question “What do you want to do when you grow up” it made us cringe.
On this episode of my FOMOFanz podcast, I discuss the value of being a generalist or what I like to say “a swiss-army knife of skillsets” in this world of digital change. I also ask these questions for us to ponder change and the future of work:
- Are we raising kids to picture one future when that picture we all know will always change?
- Asking what do you want to be when you grow up, encourages kids to believe they’ve failed when they change what they want to be.
- If you are getting rich with a niche, are you afraid the robots will take your job? How to prepare for that.
- Value of having a learning mindset and approach to everything in life
- Are businesses today structured to prevent change agents, outside the box thinkers and those without a niche?
- How can we change the incentives and success measurement of those employees that have many niche’s and passions.
- Value of building a community focused business to allow the collaboration of a 4 generation workforce
- Future of Work: Generalist driven or Specialist focused?
I hope you enjoyed this episode as I recorded it as a live video with my community but thanks to the feedback and questions, I felt I had to rip the audio into the podcast for you the podcast community.
Three Events I’m speaking at in April and May that are proof of my “non-niche” approach:
- Millennial Mindset: Change, Collaboration and Community at Marketo: #MKTG
- Think Like A Fan: How to grow your business and tell your digital story! Digital Odense, Denmark
- Be Yourself: Why you must invest in your digital first impression! Women’s Expo Washington D.C.
If you want to have me speak at one of your event or company or have me do a workshop for your business please visit https://www.isocialfanz.com/speaker and email me at Fanzo@iSocialFanz.com to check my availability and I will send you my media kit.
Watch the live video recording of this episode on my Periscope account:
— Brian Fanzo 😎 (@iSocialFanz) April 18, 2017