Three years ago when someone mentioned the idea of artificial intelligence most people would assume they were going to start referencing Star Wars, Robocop, Terminator, Space Odyssey and the Jetsons. In 2017 A.I. has taken on an entire new trend as more businesses start to invest in the technology and more references are being made to A.I. with tools and technology we use everyday.
But what is Artificial Intelligence?
What tools or technology do I use today that leverages artificial intelligence?
What does all this mean for businesses today and how should brands start embracing for a future of digital transformation powered by A.I.?
What are some things that will be automated completely by A.I.? (Paperboy?)
I answer these questions and more in part 1 of 4 in my “Translate The Geek-Speak” series on the FOMOFanz Podcast.
Some of the things discussed on this episode:
History of Artificial Intelligence:
1956 – Dartmouth Professor summer project to study “every aspect of learning”
The first definition of AI: “every aspect of learning or any other feature of intelligence can in principle be so precisely described that a machine can be made to simulate it.
Examples of brands investing in A.I. in episode:
What is or isn’t A.I.?
- Not Robots – Robots that are powered by AI have AI computer as the brain. (AI is the brain and Robot is the body)
- Siri – personalized voice powered by software and data that is A.I.
- Email Spam Filter is classic type of ANI
- Nest thermostat as it learns your routine and surroundings and able to read from additional devices
- ANI systems are what provides us “Targeting Ads” what you search on Amazon shows up as an ad on Facebook
3 Different Categories of AI:
- Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI)
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)
- Artificial SuperIntelligence (ASI)
Enjoyed this episode? Watch Live:
As always you can listen to the show on any of the podcast apps and make sure to follow the host Brian Fanzo better known as@iSocialFanz on both Facebook Live & Periscope so you can watch the shows LIVE each week.