I’m a gear geek and I’m not afraid to admit it… Below you’ll find Amazon links to all of the equipment that I use for live video recording on Facebook Live and Periscope, Streaming my podcast via live video, My home equipment setup for my video studio in my house and my Tech Speaker Kit.
*Gear is something I try to stay away from in conversation because it’s really about what you’ve tried and their might be better gear available but this is the equipment that I found that works best for me iSocialFanz!
Mobile Live Streaming & Podcast Equipment
- Desktop Podcast Mics:Blue Yeti for videos (Used to record this)
Bonus: DotLive Domain go to http://getadot.live
- My dot live domains mentioned:
Tech Travel Kit For Keynote Speakers
- Gear backpack I use as my carry on but it’s too big for an event backpack
- Travel case (I go thru these pretty quick thankfully under 30 bucks)
- BUBM Double Layer Travel Gear Organizer / Electronics Accessories Bag (Medium, Dark Blue) – just ordered this based on multiple reviews from friends
- Logitech Wireless Presenter R800 with Laser Pointer Green
- HDMI Adapter
- AmazonBasics Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt) to HDMI Adapter(Macbook to HDMI projector)
- Long Ethernet Cord
- 12 Feet / 3.5 Meter – Snagless UTP CAT 6 LAN Network Cord for Internet Connections – Black, Blue, Ethernet Cable, RJ45 Connectors(Unique color so others won’t steal it and long enough)
- Short apple charging cable
- Anker PowerLine 1ft Apple MFi Certified Short Lightning to USB Cable (Stand with limited space still charge iPhone or if battery pack in pocket your cable doesn’t look like a millennial chain wallet.
- 3 in 1 Apple Display port dongle
- International Travel Charger with surge protected USB ports
- Swivel power surge protector USB
- HDMI Adapter
- Portable Speaker
- Anker SoundCore Bluetooth Speaker with 24-Hour Playtime, 66-Foot Bluetooth Range & Built-in Mic – back up for those with audio in presentation
- Thumb drive (Windows/Mac compatible)
- Batteries: AAA, AA and for some reason 12V
- Portable Phone Battery
At Home Equipment For Your Video Studio:
- Basic Green/white/black screen with Lighting Tripods:
- Diva Ring Light Tripod
- White Board Sticky Paper – I’m addicted to using this
- Pro HD Webcam
- Pro Level Microphone for live video recording in my home studio
- Live Streaming Software for Facebook Live & Periscope Not Using Phone
- Wirecast – Pro level, Pricey, Tons of Features but I use it for all live streaming I do from home.
- Switcher Studio – iPad Pro managed, easy to use with subscription-based pricing – what I use when multicasting on the road.
- OBS – Open source, many of the wirecast features but more steps and bugs to deal with
Software Speakers Must Have
Powerpoint & Keynote on Mac
- Duet Display software
- Turn iPad into 2nd display – used twice as my own confidence monitor https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/duet-display/id935754064?mt=8
- My spelling sucks it saves me when I have to edit something without time for others to view)
- Caffeine for Mac
- 1 click button in menu bar to stop your laptop from going to sleep and can be setup with a schedule https://caffeine.en.softonic.com/mac
- Memory Clean
- Hit this while keynote is loaded to scrub any programs running in the background that might use memory resources: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memory-clean-2-monitor-and-free-up-memory/id1114591412?mt=12
- Duet Display software
To leverage new live streaming apps Periscope, FireTalk, Facebook Live YouTube and more, gear isn’t a requirement and as you can read here. All you really need is an iPhone and iPhone headset is all you need to leverage the live streaming apps available today. When working with brands I try hard to not only leverage the technology but to go above and beyond to provide quality audio and video but don’t get confused my goal isn’t perfection or to compete with a professional video production rather it’s to keep the mobile aspect while increasing the quality and experience for my live viewers.
You can watch a video I recorded on periscope going over this gear as I was packing up for a recent brand sponsored live stream event here. I’m always open to testing out new gear and I don’t believe I have the perfect setup yet, but I’m starting to test and tweak more which makes me a happy geek. Want me to test out your gear? Send me an email to Brian@iSocialFanz.com
Full disclosure: I’m an Apple Fanboy (“i” in iSocialFanz is for Apple) but also love the features and benefits of Android devices. For me you don’t have to hate one product to prove you love another. Therefore you’ll see below a couple options as I’ve found different use cases for different types of tripods or lenses depending on the project.
You can also checkout more of my #ThinkLikeAFan Live Streaming Work here.
WATCH BELOW as I share my thoughts on the features I like about the live streaming microphones, battery packs, tripod mounts and lenses that I use.