On this episode Brian & Dan talk about the latest wearable technology rolled out from Snap.Inc known as Spectacles. These sunglasses with circle video creating capabilities are being rolled out in select locations by vending machine at a price point of $150 US.
The original plan was to compare the marketing and roll out to google glass and the “Glasshole” problem created thanks to tech elite but this conversation went down a completely different direction.
WE PROMISE: You won’t hear this type of discussion and debate about wearable technology, AR, VR or Spectacles anywhere else!
Listen on iTunes here or below:
Discussed on this episode:
- What kind of content will people create using these sunglasses?
- Do we need more bad content from people’s points of view?
- How can brands look at this new wearable opportunity and provide business value.
- Do we have a posting too much to social media problem today, what will this type of technology create for tomorrow.
- If we are watching this content or any social content from those in our circle of influence will we ever see the bigger picture or understand all sides of any issues.
- Dan & Brian are fans of Spectacles but they question the types of content they’ll create or where they’ll find value.
Links from the show:
Spectacles Site: https://www.spectacles.com/
GE Tweet about using spectacles:https://twitter.com/generalelectric/statuses/798278242801053701
Cisco on Snapchat: https://blogs.cisco.com/tag/snapchat
NY Times Post about quiting social media that Daniel Posted to Facebook:http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/jobs/quit-social-media-your-career-may-depend-on-it.html?partner=IFTTT&_r=1&referer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2Fi7wu8oCQs3
Brian’s Facebook Post: Accused of being a cyber terrorist:https://www.facebook.com/bfanzo/posts/10157750225585405?pnref=story
What is SMACtalk Live:
For an audience looking for a business centric multimedia experience on the topics of Social, Mobile, Analytics, and Cloud, they will have to look no further than to S.M.A.C.talk LIVE.
Founded in 2014 as a weekly podcast, S.M.A.C.talk was featured as an iTunes “Top 10 New & Noteworthy” for Technology and Social Media. With hard hitting conversations on not only the technology but how it relates to business and the future of work, listeners can count on this podcast for a straightforward analysis that makes the future of technology more accessible and a whole lot more fun.
Find out more about SMACtalk Live: http://www.SMACtalk.Live