Community is something we all can picture but I doubt many of us think about it daily or even picture how much communities have changed over the last 10 years thanks to social media.
Facebook had its first community summit this week and made a major announcement changing their full mission statement to:
“Give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together”
Beyond the mission statement change the focus was on facebook groups and giving admins more tools and better understanding what makes online communities work and bridging offline communities in this digital age.
I believe the changes announced below to facebook groups will drastically improve the possibilities available for groups led by strong admins with a strong purpose. Beyond that I believe this is just another sign of the role communities will play for businesses as we move forward.
On this episode I also survey my community on what makes a great facebook group and what are things that a facebook group can’t allow if it wasn’t to be valuable for the community.
NEW sponsor to the show 9 Spokes as they’ll be sponsoring the show for the next many months. You can signup for FREE and check out their small business dashboard by simply going to http://9spokes.fomofanz.live
5min Rant Sponsor: iOgrapher
- Use FANZO10 gets 10% off this page: https://www.iographer.com/collections/cases
- Unmarketing Podcast: Hosted by Scott & Scott and Alison Stratten: http://www.unmarketing.com/unpodcast/
- Ad about new facebook group features: https://www.facebook.com/facebook/videos/10155948336496729/?hc_location=ufi
- Facebook Community Summit Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/zuck/videos/10103817960742861/
- Facebook Post on my personal account asking for Facebook Group Feedback: https://www.facebook.com/bfanzo/posts/10158859638910405?pnref=story
As always you can listen to the show on any of the podcast apps and make sure to follow the host Brian Fanzo better known as @iSocialFanz on both Facebook Live & Periscope so you can watch the shows LIVE each week.