I had the awesome opportunity to meet Grand Baldwin at a speaker meetup in late 2016. Grant is not only an amazing keynote speaker but his main focus is on making others great speakers as the founder of FreeSpeakerWorshop and the host of The Speaker Lab podcast, Grant is truly making the keynote speaking world 3a better place each day. So when he asked me to come on his podcast I jumped at the opportunity. You can listen to the podcast below but make sure to subscribe to his podcast on iTunes as every episode causes me to take notes and helps make me a better speaker.
Speakers often come from diverse backgrounds, and today’s guest is no exception! Brian Fanzo began his career in Computer Science working for the United States Department of Defense on issues like cybersecurity.
Today he is a change evangelist who helps people embrace change in their businesses, and grow their presence in the process. And it’s something he’s been widely recognized for: in 2014, The Economist named him one of the Top 25 Social Business Leaders of The Future. He’s also spoken in 11 countries at over 50 events.
On this episode of The Speaker Lab, Brian shares the light bulb moment that led to his leap into entrepreneurship a few years ago, what social media platforms you should be using to grow your speaking career and his reverse engineering that creates more speaking gigs for himself. You’re going to learn all of that and so much more on the 116th edition of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How Brian landed his first speaking gig ever – at The Pentagon.
- When did he make the shift to being an evangelist for his own brand?
- How to create your own path while still following in the footsteps of your role models.
- How do we truly stand out in any marketplace?
- How he’s using online video to advance his speaking career, and how you can too.
- Why you should think like a fan, and what that means according to Brian.
- What percentage of internet traffic will be video in 2020?
- How does he make sure his social media content is seen by decision-makers?
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “You have to know what you don’t know!” – Brian Fanzo
- Brian Fanzo’s web site
- Brian Fanzo’s Fomo podcast
- Entrepreneurship Taught Me I Suck at These 10 Things, Brian’s blog post
- Brian Fanzo on Twitter
- Brian Fanzo on YouTube
- 7 Proven Steps to Finding And Booking Paid Speaking Engagements
- The Speaker Lab Summit
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review
First posted at: https://thespeakerlab.com/brian-fanzo/